Friday, November 8
- Thanksgiving Wine Pairing Class. Make this Thanksgiving feast the best yet after you learn how to best complement your dishes with wine. Rock Paper Scissors Craft Studio, 1220 Ben Sawyer Boulevard, Suite W, Mount Pleasant. $25/ person. Advanced registration through the website is required. 6:30- 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 9
- Pat Conroy Book Signing. Have one of Charleston’s most popular writers sign his latest book, The Death of Santini. Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Towne Center, Mount Pleasant. 2:00 p.m. Free.
- Assault on Battery Wagner. Reenactors bring the Civil War battle of Battery Wagner to life in this two-day event. Boone Hall Plantation, Mount Pleasant. $17.50/ adults, $8/ children 6-12, and children under 5 are free. Saturday 7:00 a.m- 8:00 p.m. and Sunday 7:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- Buddy Lee Lecture at Magnolia Plantation. Hear how to best grow and nurture azaleas from the inventor of the Encore Azalea, Buddy Lee. 12:30 p.m. The Carriage House, Magnolia Plantation, 3550 Ashley River Road, West Ashley. Free with $15 admission to the plantation.
- CSO Remix Salon. The CSO and the Historic Charleston Foundation invite you to spend an evening in the 19th century as you listen to the best of Mozart, Marcello and more in the beautifully restored Nathaniel Russell house. $20/ members, $30/ non-members. 51 Meeting Street, downtown.
Sunday, November 10
- 4th Annual Charleston Jazz Jam. Hear some of Charleston’s jazz greats as you enjoy food from The Grill and Island Bar. 5:00-9:00 p.m. 41 Center Street, Folly Beach.