Here’s what’s happening this weekend in and around Charleston:
Friday, November 22
- Acoustic Sunset Oyster Roast. The Wreckfish Restaurant kicks off its weekly oyster roast this week with live music from Tyler Boone. All-you-can-eat oysters are $12, and drink specials will be available. 5:00-8:00 p.m. 7690 Northwoods Boulevard, North Charleston.
- Sarah Jarosz with Brian Wright. The Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter (for Best Country Music Instrumental) brings her talent to the stage at the Charleston Music Hall this weekend. Advance tickets $22/ night-of $25. Doors open at 7:00 p.m., and show begins at 8:00 p.m. Tickets available at www.charlestonmusichall.com.
- The Charleston Classic, a college men’s basketball tournament, began Thursday night and runs throughout the weekend. Teams in the tournament include Clemson University, Davidson University, Temple University, and University of Georgia. TD Arena, 301 Meeting Street, downtown. Purchase tickets here.
- The Sound of Charleston. Experience the history of Charleston in a fresh, new way–through music. The Sound of Charleston presents pieces from the different cultures that have composed Charleston throughout its rich history, including gospel, jazz, and classical music. Trip Advisor users ranked this the number one nightlife experience in Charleston–not to be missed! Circular Congregational Church, 150 Meeting Street, downtown. Adults $28, military/ seniors $26, students $16, children 12 and under free.
Saturday, November 23
- Pat Conroy visits Blue Bicycle Books as a part of his book tour. He will be signing copies of The Great Santini and his earlier novels. Blue Bicycle Books, 420 King Street, downtown. 1:00-4:00 p.m. Free.
- The Holiday Swing show will be presented by the Charleston Jazz Orchestra, a twenty piece big band. Get in the holiday spirit with this fun concert for all ages. $25-$40. Charleston Music Hall, 37 John Street, downtown. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the show begins at 7:00.
- Holiday Craft Market. Nothing says “Merry Christmas” like a homemade or one-of-a-kind gift. Shop for everyone on your list at the Holiday Craft Market, held at the Brick House Kitchen from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 1575 Folly Road, James Island. Local artisans and crafters will be on hand to showcase their wares, which range from needlework to jewelry to glasswork to local honey. There will also be live music to enjoy, and food to purchase. Free admission and parking. For a full line-up of vendors, visit the event’s Facebook page.
Sunday, November 24
- First Annual Pop Off. The Royal American is celebrating its third anniversary with free popsicles, bull riding, pinatas, a pie eating contest, and carnival games. Bring the entire family for food, fun, and live music. 970 Morrison Drive, Charleston. Free.