Friday, November 15
- Family Fun Night. Bring your bathing suit and water toys for a family-friendly evening at the Park West Recreation Center’s covered, heated pool. 6:30-8:15 p.m. 1251 Park West Boulevard, Mount Pleasant. Free for Mount Pleasant residents.
- America’s Got Talent Live. See your favorite performers from the hit TV show live at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center. 5001 Coliseum Drive, North Charleston.
Saturday, November 16
- 2nd Annual Smoke on the Harbor BBQ Throwdown. Come hungry! Sample all of the chicken and pork entries into this year’s BBQ contest. Charleston Harbor Resort, 20 Patriots Point Road, Mount Pleasant. $10/ adult ($5 if you bring 5 canned goods) and free for children 12 and under.
- Beginner Dyeing Workshop. Learn to dye with natural materials like avocado skin, onion skin and eucalyptus. $50/members, $60/ nonmembers. All materials included in workshop fee. Charleston Museum, 360 Meeting Street, downtown.
- Plantation Days at Middleton Place Plantation. Immerse yourself in the antebellum atmosphere of Middleton Place Plantation as costumed performers detail life during the harvest. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Included in the plantation admission fee. Also takes place Sunday, November 17.
Sunday, November 17
- Fall Tour Rugby: South Africa v. Scotland. Join other rugby fans at Prohibition to watch the match between South Africa and Scotland while you sample the restaurant’s delicious food. 547 King Street, downtown.
- Guerrilla Cuisine Farm House. Sample delicious fare from some of Charleston’s best chefs. The guests will be emailed with the secret location of the dinner only hours before the event. Proceeds benefit the American Heart Association. $66/ person.