Charleston Restaurant Week represents a rare opportunity for locals and visitors to experience some of the finest, local cuisine the South has to offer at discounted prices. Running from January 8th-19th, 142 restaurants in Charleston are participating in this semiannual event that dares food lovers to taste some of Charleston’s most unique culinary creations. Choose from a special prix fixe lunch or dinner menu with options ranging from $20, $30, or $40. To see a full list of participating restaurants and their menus for this event, visit the Charleston Restaurant Association website here.
Restaurant Week: Downtown
- Basil-downtown Basil’s award winning Thai cuisine has been well reviewed for over a decade and it’s no surprise that its reputation continues to grow as a unique fine dining establishment. Enjoy a a hot-pot of a delicious selection of Thai inspired soups or mouthwatering spring rolls. Or just sit back with a specialty cocktail and take in the unique atmosphere. Visit their website or call for reservations.
- Rutledge Cab Company This former convenient store and gas station turned neighborhood restaurant invites you to eat and drink comfortably. The Restaurant Week menu features a two course meal for $15 which includes your choice of a local escarole salad, house salad, or soup. 2nd course options include savory Huevos Rancheros, the big bacon cheeseburger, or a delicious shrimp salad sandwich. The Restaurant Week menu can be found here.
- O-Ku Awarded “Best New Restaurant” by Esquire magazine in 2010, O-Ku has made a name for itself despite the booming competition on King Street. Known for its authentic Asian cuisine and sophisticated presentation, O-Ku’s exotic dishes are complemented by its unique ambiance. The Restaurant Week menu includes 3 courses for $30 and can be found here.
- The Grocery The cozy, small-town atmosphere combined with the use of homegrown and seasonal ingredients from local farmers and fishermen give The Grocery its identity. The wood-burning oven, extensive wine list and cocktail menu, combined with great service makes The Grocery a no brainer. The Restaurant Week menu features 3 courses for $30. Some entree choices include delicious Roast Duck Breast, Waygu Bistro Steak, and Lamb Sugo among many more. The full Restaurant Week menu is here.
- Fleet Landing Housed in a restored Naval building from the 1940’s, Fleet Landing sits on a reinforced pier overlooking the Holy City’s harbor giving new meaning to the term “waterfront dining”. Enjoy unobstructed views of the bustling Charleston harbor while indulging in Chef Drew Hedlund’s contemporary spin on classic seafood dishes. Restaurant Week offerings include 3 courses for $30. That menu can be found here.
Restaurant Week: Mount Pleasant
- Old Village Post House Visit this unique neighborhood tavern and inn tucked away in historic Old Village to discover the art of Southern dining and gracious hospitality. The Post House is offering a delicious 3 course meal for $30. The menu will be changing everyday during Restaurant Week. Some sample dinner dishes include pan roasted Grouper, cast iron Duck breast, and the Post House style shrimp and grits. Book your reservation online here.
- Red Drum Named after the prized Lowcountry fish, the Red Drum takes advantage of their signature wood burning grill, comprehensive wine list, craft beers on tap, and years of experience in preparing delectable Southern dishes with a Texas style. The Restaurant Week special is a 3 course meal for $30. Some entree choices include smoked beef enchiladas with red Chile gravy, braised pork shank, and a tasty wood grilled chicken dish. The Restaurant Week menu can be found here.
- Juanita Greenberg’s Bring your dog, grab a seat on the patio, and enjoy a mouthwatering burrito and a tasty margarita. This fun and laid back atmosphere features daily drink specials and live music every Friday. Call ahead to check their Restaurant Week specials.
Restaurant Week: Sullivans Island
- Hometeam BBQ Awarded “Most life changing ribs” by Esquire magazine, Hometeam has developed quite a following over the past few years. The classic, Southern style cuisine mixed with the simplicity of comfort food has garnered numerous accolades from the locals. This Restaurant Week deal is a steal: 3 courses for $20. There are two Restaurant Week menus available here.
- SALT at Station 22 Located in the heart of Sullivans Island, SALT features traditional Southern staples such as their flavorful buttermilk fried chicken with sausage gravy and Geechie Boy grits. There are also a variety of delicious seafood dishes including grilled Murrell’s Inlet Swordfish, pan roasted Carolina Red Drum, and fried vermillion Snapper. The Restaurant Week menu will change daily and features a 3 course meal for $30. A sample menu can be found here.
Restaurant Week: Isle of Palms
- Morgan Creek Grill Come by land or sea to the Morgan Creek Grill located in the Isle of Palms marina! Enjoy beautiful views of the Lowcountry marsh and Intracoastal Waterway from Morgan Creek Grill’s rooftop. Enjoy Southern style seafood including shrimp and grits, almond crusted Flounder, or their signature Morgan Creek crab cakes. There is one 2 course meal for $20 menu here and a 3 course meal menu for $30 here.
- The Boathouse at Breach Inlet Experience fine dining, a gorgeous view of Breach Inlet, and if you’re lucky a dolphin or two! Located on the south end of Isle of Palms, The Boathouse features a breathtaking view of the Intracoastal Waterway during sunset. Like the scenery, the cuisine is some of the best the Lowcountry has to offer. The Restaurant Week menu features a Phyllo wrapped Salmon stuffed with goat cheese and herbs, Southern style chicken with boudin sausage, or Guinness braised pork chop and sweet potatoes. The full Restaurant Week menu is here.