The Matt Anderson Properties Team knows the process of buying a home in Charleston SC.
Purchasing a new home is perhaps the biggest financial decision many of us will face in our lifetime. The Matt Anderson Properties team is here to help. Record low fixed mortgage rates, the influx of industry in the Charleston area, and the desirability of Charleston as a tourist destination have propelled the local real estate market well ahead of the national average. Another important indicator of a shift in the Charleston real estate market, listing inventory, is at it’s lowest point since September 2009 and correspondingly home buying is at it’s highest point with many homes going under contract in just a matter of days. Now truly is the time to buy! Let Matt Anderson Properties show you how buying a home in Charleston SC can be easy and fun.
Have a Home Buying Checklist
- Obtain your credit report and make sure the information is accurate. If there are any errors, please correct them immediately. The accuracy of your credit is one of the determining factors with your mortgage approval. www.freecreditreport.com
- Get a list of open houses and visit them on their respective dates. There’s absolutely no cost to look, and viewing different homes may give you an idea as to what you’re looking for but haven’t considered.
- Start Saving. You’ll need to have extra cash on hand for a down payment and closing costs.
- Don’t acquire any more debt than you may currently have. Pay down your credit cards and don’t apply for any new ones. Try not to make any major purchases on credit. You can always buy the furniture or that new car later.
- Contact MA Properties As an expert in the home-buying process, Matt Andersion Properties can help you determine how much you can afford and they can provide you with additional information on homes that may interest you. Matt Anderson Properties will also help you complete all of the necessary documentation necessary to make an offer.
Description of Closing Costs
- Lender Fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state and local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include home-owner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance (PMI).
Why Choose the Matt Anderson Properties Real Estate Team?
The Matt Anderson Properties team has expert knowledge of the entire Charleston County areas including but are not limited to Downtown Charleston, Mount Pleasant, James Island, West Ashley, Folly Beach, Daniel Island, Sullivans Island, and the Isle of Palms/Wild Dunes areas. Having an agent that understands the local market and the intricacies associated with pricing, market trends, and market inventory in each subdivision is invaluable and gives you as a buyer the best chance of finding theright home for the right price.
When working with Matt Anderson Properties you will have full access to all of the homes currently listed on the CTARMLS (Charleston-Trident Multiple Listing Service) in the Charleston area, even properties that are not yet on the market. This is achieved through the constant monitoring of real estate activity on a street by street basis, working in conjunction with local developers/ builders, and staying plugged in to pre-foreclosure inventory.
Perhaps the most understood and feared step in the home buying process, negotiations, can save you thousands of dollars and provide an easy transition from contract to closing. Extensive knowledge of contingencies, drafting of addendums, due diligence periods, and price negotiations give the MA Properties team a leg up on the competition while helping you purchase your home for the lowest price in the shortest amount of time.
The Matt Anderson Properties team is here to answer any of your questions that you might have when searching for how to buy a house. Please contact us using the form below so that we can help you to start the process.